Friday, December 3, 2010

American Apocalypse IV - Chapter 7b - by Nova

The tension in the room bled off.  As they swaggered over to the first station Sledge stopped mid swagger,  looked at me, and then started moving again. His crew had followed his glance and they stared at me long enough to violate the two second gawk rule. The one with the long greasy hair and ink smiled and drew his finger across his throat before doing his swagger catchup.  I was hoping he would trip and impale himself on a pencil but it didn't happen. The camera woman involuntarily shuddered and said "Sorry about that."

"Sorry about what?" 

"They're going to be in your class."

"Yeah. I have always been lucky that way.  You know them?"

She shook her head. Pain flashed in her eyes and she lowered them so I couldn't see in.  "No. But I know the type."

She looked up "Did you know them? I mean that one seemed to know you."

"Yeah. I know the type. They usually don't live this long."  I told Zane "Lets go check Woof into the hotel. See ya."  I headed for the door and didn't look back at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment